Meet Our Facilitator
Henk Pottas started out in the pest control industry in 1981 as a Pest Control Operator, after which he progressed to Branch Management and later to Franchise Director, Head Office Director / Franchisor overseeing 37 pest control and 26 cleaning branches in Southern Africa.
Henk has been awarded several accolades over the years, such as Finalist in Franchisee of the Year, Chairmanâ€™s Award (SAPCA) for his contributions to the industry, as well as a special award from SETASA for his contribution to skills development in South Africa within the pest control sector.
He has obtained a B.Com Business Management / Industrial Psychology as well as an MBA from Suffield University, USA.Â To his credit, he has also qualified as a food safety auditor with the British Retail Consortium in London and has completed all the American Baking Institute Courses in the USA.
Henk has been involved in the following boards / committees / activities during the course of his career:
- Assessor for Pest Management Academy
- Moderator for Pest Management Academy
Sector Education Training Authority (AGRISETA)
- AGRISETA Pest Control SSC Member – 2005 to 2007
- Learning Material Development Coordinator
Sector Education Training Authority Secondary Agriculture (SETASA):
- Board Member – 2001 to 2005
- Pest Control SSU Chairman – 2001 to 2005
- Pest Control Unit Standards Writing Committee
South African Pest Control Association (SAPCA):
- Natal Regional Chairman – 1992 to 1994
- National Vice Chairman – 1995 to 1996
- SAPCA National Chairman – 1997 to 2000
Pest Control Service Industries Board (PCSIB):
- National Chairman – 2001 to 2007
- Assessor for the Pest Control Service Industries Board
- Moderator for the Pest Control Service Industries Board
Vision & Mission
Vision: Our vision is to assist organisations to equip their employees with the practical and theoretical competencies required to make a meaningful contribution to the overall efficiency of the organisation through dynamic and relevant pest control training.
Mission: We are active in the development and presentation of outcomes-based learning materials. We are an innovative, ethical and successful competitor that offers the highest standard of service to employers and learners.
We will continue to extend our reach through new routes and creative alliances to empower learners in an ever-changing world.
Pest management Academy is committed to uplifting the pest control industry by providing professional pest control operator training.
In order to attain this vision and mission we are committed to:
- Provide relevant training of the highest quality in the pest control field.
- Provide training based on relevant unit standards and Â registered qualifications.
- All facilitators will be trained against the â€œfacilitate learning programmes using a variety ofmethodologiesâ€ unit standard or related â€œtrain the trainerâ€ qualification.
- Employ only AgriSeta registered assessors and moderators.
- Support learning through accepted principles of adult Â learning.
- Provide learner guidance and support to:
- create a learning environment without prejudice,
- meet the special needs of the learner, and
- ensure learner development and growth.
- Provide administrative support.
- Facilitate access to and mobility and progression within education, training and career paths.
- Stay informed about new developments and needs in the training sector.
- Conduct training, within budget constraints, across all occupational categories and within the representative race and gender groups.