The Core Fundamental qualification which is compulsory has been developed to enable the P.C.O to become proficient in pest control procedures within the pest control arena.
The Pest Control Operations Core fundamental qualification deals with the following elements:
- The legal framework of the Pest Control Industry.
- Inspect premises for pests
- Pest Identification
- Handle Pesticides safely
- Utilise pesticide application equipment
- Safe working procedures & practices
- Plan pest control interventions
- Monitor & evaluate a pest management Programme
- Design & implement integrated pest management solutions
What you need for your qualification is to complete two modules, the compulsory module which covers all the basics mentioned above from 1-9 and then one specialization subject which will give you a minimum of 145 credits. This is a distance or correspondence course and you will be writing your exams directly on the internet at your office which means you can now write the exams when you are ready be it one month or six months. The practical assessments will also be done every month in Pretoria and twice yearly in Cape Town and Durban.
The cost of the qualification is as follows:
Core fundamental module: R4500.00
The following is included in the course:
Full comprehensive manual.